Luxurious bowie knife made by artistic blacksmith Jan Šerák.
Including Leather sheath.
The blade is made of partially quenched tool steel 19191 with etched hamon.
The crossquard is made of partly patinated structural steel. With a slight radius, a handle made of exotic rosewood follows, which is remarkable for its beautiful graining and hardness.
- 1 Item Items
- In stock
- 2-7 weekdays
- Shipping information
- Security policy
- Free delivery from 96 €
- 30 day return period – we will cover the expenses
Bowie is a type of a knife that got its name from an American colonel James Jimi
Bowie. According to the legend, the knife was designed by his brother for both
hunting and combat. Today, the term is used generally for big knives intended
for hard work.
What does the product bring to its future owner?
● A high-quality knife with remarkable artistic details.
● A knife with very good cutting characteristics.
● Uniqueness in contrast with impersonal global products.
● Hand made. With a certificate of genuineness.
● Hardness of the tempered part approx. 58 HRC.
● The butt cap that fastens the handle is made of patinated structural steel.
● Type of construction: Glued with epoxy glue on the tang and fastened
with a butt cap.
● This kind of steel is not stainless and requires special care (detailed
information can be found in the instruction leaflet).
● Corrosion (oxidation) is a natural reaction of steel to its surroundings and
it does not mutilate the knife, but it can be prevented by proper
Tips for use
● An unusual gift.
● A unique piece to your collection.
Useful information and notification
● Knives are for cutting, not for chopping, throwing, carving, prying,
screwing nor any other kinds of rough handling!
● The blade or other parts of the knife made of structural or carbon steel
should be kept oily because the grease (fat, oil) creates safety coating on
● Always wash the knife after use, dry carefully and preserve if possible.
● For usage in the kitchen, we recommend medical vaseline (for a short
period of time a bit of sausage or bacon grease is enough).
● All our knives made of carbon and Damascus steel are preserved with
● The wooden stand is not included in the package.
● Sharpen with grinding stones with grit designation 320 or higher. The
smoother the edge, the better the cutting characteristics. It is important
to keep the proper bezel angle.
● Sharpening steel is only for the maintenance of the edge, not for grinding.
The sharpening steel should be moved against the cutting edge while
simultaneously alternating sides, in order to remove the burr.
- 19191 tool steel (blade), palisander (handle)
- Blade length (in mm)
- 33 cm
- 2 kg