Hunting knife – Black locust thorn
Unique hunting knife from the workshop of the artistic blacksmith Jan Šerák.
The blade’s raw steel structure is left unaltered which contrasts with polished high grinding that
guarantees excellent cutting characteristics. The handle is composed of brass rings, interspersed
with buffalo horn and ended with a piece of locust wood with burl texture.
- Shipping information
- Security policy
- Free delivery from 96 €
- 30 day return period – we will cover the expenses
What does the product bring to its future owner?
● A high-quality knife with remarkable artistic details.
● A knife with very good cutting characteristics.
● Uniqueness in contrast with impersonal global products.
● Hand made. With a certificate of genuineness.
● The handle is composed of brass rings, interspersed with buffalo horn and
ended with a piece of locust wood with burl texture.
● Blade hardness: 61HRC – quenched in a vacuum
● Type of construction: Glued with epoxy glue on the tang.
Tips for use
● An unusual gift.
● A unique piece to your collection.
Useful information and notification
● Knives are for cutting, not for chopping, throwing, carving, prying,
screwing nor any other kinds of rough handling!
● The wooden stand is not included in the package.
● Sharpen with grinding stones with grit designation 320 or higher. The
smoother the edge, the better the cutting characteristics. It is important
to keep the proper bezel angle.
● Sharpening steel is only for the maintenance of the edge, not for grinding.
The sharpening steel should be moved against the cutting edge while
simultaneously alternating sides, in order to remove the burr.
- stainless powder steel N690 (blade), brass rings interspersed with buffalo horn and ended with a piece of locust wood with burl texture (handle)
- Blade length (in mm)
- 24.50 cm
- 2 kg